Monday 29 March 2010

Rhinoplasty Recovery: Day Seven

Today I'm almost completely back to normal. I can eat, sleep and chat like before. 

My friends came round to the house on day 5 and I was out of steam by midnight. My friend, who didn't know about the surgery, looked so shocked to see me with plasters all over my face. She didn't believe me when I told her I'd had a nose job. All three friends were great about it and couldn't believe how well I looked. They were expecting black eyes and swelling, but nope.

The stitches seem to be made of a cotton-like material and they aren't as scary as I first thought. The tip of my nose isn't as sensitive, although either side of the bridge is still tender and I'm worried that the swelling won't go down. At this point I could leave the house, but I don't want people asking too many questions. I answered the door to the postman and he was shocked and worried about the splint, thinking that I'd been in an accident! 

I stopped taking Cocodamol on Day 3 as I suspected that they were making me feel quite ill. Other than one dose of paracetemol for a headache, which may or may not have been related to the surgery, I haven't taken any pain relief and have felt fine.

Three more days until I have the splint removed. I'm planning on meeting some friends from work for lunch afterwards, so that it's not so daunting going back to the office next week.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment